Recorda-Me

You, me, the music, and me.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Welcome

What you see before you is my attempt to review my massive record collection, one disc (or maybe two or three) at a time. I'm a private music teacher and church organist from Lower Canada who likes to spend his free time thumbing through used record bins in thrift stores, flea markets, etc. I'm not sure I'd call myself a record collector; I'm not the kind of person who'd shell out hundreds of dollars for a rare picture disc by Alvin and the Chipmunks or whomever. I'm more of a record scavenger; I get a thrill out of buying old, out-of-print jazz records for five bucks a pop, or discovering XTC and Nick Lowe albums in the quarter bin at the Salvation Army.

I'm also not one of those people who has a semi-religious zeal for vinyl; if I see an album I want on CD and vinyl for the same price, I'll get the CD. I like buying records because usually you can find them pretty cheaply, and less money spent means more music bought. I have a cheap old stereo and a dependable turntable; what more could one ask for?

So stay tuned... I'll try to update as much as I can (hopefully at least twice a week).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home