Recorda-Me

You, me, the music, and me.

Monday, February 25, 2008

So, the Oscars were presented last night...

... which means that it's time for everyone who thinks he knows something about music (hi!) to make fun of the musical nominees/performances. Ironically, the Best Original Song tends to be the one category for which originality is not rewarded, which usually results in a handful of unmemorable and similar-sounding tunes being nominated (I remember Roger Ebert commenting one year that you could switch songs around between the movies and it wouldn't really make any difference). This year, we had three songs from Enchanted that all kinda made my head hurt (though, given that the film is a kind-of-sendup-sort-of of Disney fairytale movies, maybe that's what they were supposed to do), a gospelish vamp from August Rush that I gave up on trying to find a melody in after about 30 seconds, and a relatively inoffensive ballad from that movie Once, which I haven't seen but is supposed to be really good and it was low-budget and the people who wrote it and ended up winning seemed pretty nice, so, you know, yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home